While demand for fast fashion increases around the world, it’s our mission to embrace slow fashion and decrease our footprint and the footprints of our clients and customers.

Fast fashion vs Slow Fashion

Fast fashion is inexpensive clothing produced rapidly by mass-market retailers in response to the latest trends. The fast fashion industry utilizes child labor, creates dangerous working conditions and planned obsolescence, and generates 4% of the world’s waste each year with about 92 million tons of waste.

Slow fashion slooows things down. It advocates for clothing produced in respect to people, environment, and animals. It involves local artisans and the use of eco-friendly materials. It’s about reducing, reusing, repurposing and creating value for all involved.

At AGAIN..., “feel-good style” means that we do what feels good not just for you, but also for the Earth and all of the people on it—now and in the future. 

How We Embrace Slow Fashion

AGAIN... was founded with the goal of helping our clients look their best while also helping reduce the negative effects of the fashion industry. It’s business and it’s personal.

  • I personally shop second hand and upcycle clothes. 90% of my wardrobe is second hand the other 10% is over 3 years old. But when people look at my outfits and my clothing, they often ask, “But how do you find ‘those’ things while secondhand shopping?” (translation: “those don’t look second hand!”). More on this later...
  • We help people buy clothes that truly work for them—eliminating unnecessary purchases and waste.
  • We encourage our clients to sell their unwanted clothes—keeping those items in the circle of use.
  • We maximize the potential of special pieces—adding embellishments to bring them back to life for the next person.
  • We give a portion of our profits to the Clean Clothes Campaign, an initiative to improve working conditions in the global garment industry.

Want to learn more about this? The True Cost is a very informative movie about the consequences of fast fashion. 

How are you slowing it down? We’d love to hear your ideas!